Invisalign vs Braces
Rite Dentist Provides Same Day or Next Day Appointments
Consultation, Exam, X-Rays, and Regular Cleaning for only $250!
Invisalign vs. Braces
Are you ready to transform your smile through holistic dentistry? Call Rite Dentist in Valley Village, CA, at 818-766-7776 today.
Rite Dentist in Valley Village, CA, is a holistic dentist office, which means that we offer alternative and natural therapies beyond traditional dentistry. Our goal is to treat not just teeth, but the whole person, and one way we do this is by avoiding harmful substances and chemicals such as fluoride, mercury, metal, and BPA. For example, Invisalign is a safer, more biocompatible, and aesthetically pleasing alternative than metal braces.
Many people associate “orthodontics” with bulky and uncomfortable metal braces that alter your appearance, make you feel self-conscious, or get in the way when you brush and floss. Fortunately, today it is possible to straighten teeth with less hassle and within a shorter treatment time.
Invisalign aligners are rapidly gaining popularity in orthodontics thanks to their aesthetic appeal, comfortable feel, and advanced technology.
How Do Invisalign Aligners Work?
Invisalign aligners are semi-rigid trays of clear, medical-grade plastic that apply gentle, constant pressure to your teeth and gradually shift them into the desired position.
Like any orthodontic treatment, Invisalign starts with an initial consultation. After our dentist agrees that Invisalign is a suitable treatment option, we will take dental impressions and send them to a digital lab.
The Invisalign software will generate a series of custom-fitted clear aligners for progressive adjustment stages. You should wear each set of aligners for one to several weeks before moving on to the next set. Your dentist will guide you through your aligners.
The exact treatment time will vary depending on the necessary degree of orthodontic adjustment and your teeth’ progress.
Invisalign vs. Braces
Invisalign is barely visible, while traditional braces are. Most people won’t even notice the aligners unless they look closely. They are an excellent option for self-conscious teenagers or adult professionals who need to maintain impeccable oral aesthetics.
Here are a few other differences between braces and Invisalign:
- Comfort. Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign trays include no wires, brackets, or bands that can snap out of place or snag the inner parts of your mouth.
- Oral hygiene. Braces make it tricky to brush or floss properly, leading to the accumulation of food debris, caries, and gum disease. Invisalign trays are easily removable, so you can brush your teeth and floss as you usually would. Moreover, braces may be incompatible with sticky or hard foods, while Invisalign imposes no food choices.
- Treatment time. On average, orthodontic treatment with traditional braces takes two years and often longer. In contrast, Invisalign treatment usually lasts between 12 and 18 months, and you may start seeing results within weeks. In general, Invisalign also requires less time as there are no brackets to be tightened and, therefore, appointments.
- Cost. Traditional braces do tend to be less expensive than Invisalign. However, Invisalign costs will depend on the number of trays you need.
During Invisalign treatment, you’ll remove the aligners every time you eat. After eating, you can brush and floss your teeth. Remember to wear your aligners 22-23 hours a day. To clean the aligners, use warm water and a clean toothbrush. Toothpaste residue can discolor your trays, so it’s best to use a separate toothbrush only for cleaning.
After you complete Invisalign treatment, your dentist will usually recommend that you keep wearing a set of retainers overnight. The retainers prevent your teeth from shifting back. It usually takes 12 months for the teeth to stabilize.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
Usually, Invisalign is a good option for patients who:
- Have generally good oral and physical health. Before starting Invisalign treatment, the dentist will address any immediate issues like cavities or active gum disease.
- Have an orthodontic condition suited for Invisalign. Invisalign can help correct a wide range of orthodontic problems, including crowded or crooked teeth, overbite, and underbite. However, some severe orthodontic conditions may call for other treatment methods.
- Are willing to comply with treatment guidelines. Unlike braces, Invisalign trays are easy to remove when you need to eat, brush, and floss. However, you must commit to wearing the aligners throughout most of the day and overnight for successful treatment.
Rite Dentist: Holistic Dentistry and Invisalign in Valley Village, CA
Do you dream of a beautiful, straight smile? Dr. Maryet Nikkie Babrood and the professional team at Rite Dentist are here to help you choose a treatment plan that fits your needs. Our technologically advanced, patient-focused holistic approach has helped us become the highest-rated dental practice in the Valley Village, CA, area.
To schedule an appointment or learn more about Invisalign vs. braces, call the Rite Dentist team at 818-766-7776.
Claim Your New Patient Special: