Fractured Tooth in Valley Village, CA
Fractured Tooth is a Dental Emergency and Needs Treatment
Consultation, Exam, X-Rays, and Regular Cleaning for only $250!
Fractured Tooth Dental Emergency In Valley Village, CA
Fractured tooth could be caused by several reasons: decayed tooth, large and old filling, eating a very hard food, weaken tooth structure, trauma or accident etc. If the tooth is dislodged due to an accident, the tooth needs to be carried in the cheek of the patient and rushed to the dentist. Otherwise, it is advisable to collect the broken pieces and bring them to the dentist. Ideally, a fractured tooth would need to be saved, if possible by restoring it with a filling, inlay, onlay, crown, veneer, etc depending on the size of the fracture. However, sometimes, if the crack is too large and deep, the tooth is not savable and it may need extraction. Treatment plan may be modified depending on the patient’s current dental and medical history as well as oral and overall health.
Steps to follow if the tooth is lodged out:
1. Call your dentist. You can reach us at 818-766-7776
2. Pick up the tooth by the crown and rinse it under warm water. DO NOT touch the root.
3. If possible, place it back into its socket – if not tuck it into the cheek pouch.
4. If the tooth cannot be placed in the mouth, put the tooth into a cup of milk, saliva,
or water as a last resort. It is important to keep the tooth from drying out.
5. Get to the dentist, quickly and safely.
The dentist will try to replace the tooth in its natural socket. In some cases, the tooth will
reattach, but if the inner mechanisms of the teeth are seriously damaged, root canal
therapy may be necessary.